Monday, March 4, 2013

Down to the Wire

As I am getting closer and closer to leaving (8 days and counting) I am saying more and more goodbye-for-nows to people who have been a large part of my life.  It seems so surreal that I'll be headed on this journey so far away from all that I know...all I've ever known.  And while it is difficult to leave I know that this odyssey that I have ahead of me will be a once in a lifetime opportunity and an amazing adventure.  I'm so excited to meet my group and explore Namibia and all the country has to offer!

We just had a small get together where the Mandan tribe and other family friends were able to come and bid me adieu.  It's always a good time when we are able to get together and I'll miss all the Mandan Christmas parties and crashing the boys poker nights.  Here's a photo I would love to share and it has my dad and some of the Mandan men.  Men who have all been fathers to me growing up, who gave us Mandan girls moments to cherish and Mandan wives moments of anxiety while we were away for father-daughter weekends!

(Dave, Ron, Me, My Dad, Bob, & Norm)

To quote the 'famous' fishing photo of my dad:

"All my love",
Songbird

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture, we will send you pics from mandan christmas and video updates of all events :) so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete