Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Swearing In!


As my PST comes to an end it is bitter sweet.  I’m leaving my new Namibian family, which includes all the PST trainers, PC staff, and (very important) my Namibian host family who let me stay with them for the past few months.  However I know that I am about to start on a great journey and am excited to see what's next. 

I was chosen by our KKG teacher JJ to do the final speech for our swearing in.  Speaking Damara is a challenge on it’s own however earlier the morning of swearing in I found out that the Namibian Prime Minister, who is Damara, was going to be the key note speaker.  It was such an honor to have this very important man speak at our swearing in but an even bigger honor to be able to give a speech in his native tongue.  Afterwards he complimented me on how well I presented my speech. 

During our ceremony we had a great musical group come and dance and sing for us and they were AMAZING!!  I am planning (internet permitting) to post the video of my speech and this amazing musical group!

I cannot thank the people who got me to this point enough.  I’m happy that I have been able to meet such an amazing grouping of people who have become like family to me.  They say that a photo is worth a thousand words so here are some of the people who have been a huge help in getting me to be an official Peace Corps Volunteer!! 

“The great difference between voyages rests not with the ships, but with the people you meet on them.” – Amelia E. Barr

 Jackson, Efraim and I                                     Jurgens and I
 
Rianna and I--------Nicole and I

Ti Dadab Uncle Joe----------Me and JJ!





 Thenga and I
The Prime MinisterDr Hage Geingob and I




My Swearing In Speech in KKG My teacher JJ is sitting with the blue shirt and the Prime Minister is the second from the right when my friend pans over to get him laughing.

The group singing and dancing for us. They were AMAZING!


No comments:

Post a Comment