Tuesday, April 2, 2013

National Food Day

There are so many different cultures that make up Namibia and each have different foods that are a staple in their celebrations and daily lives.  So by splitting everyone by language groups we were able to eat all different foods.  We killed chickens and ate stomach and Mopane Worms.  Overall it was a good day trying all these different foods.  The Afrikaans had Brae (BBQ) and DELICIOUS Garlic Butter Bread.....I would seriously become obese if I lived at Alicia's host family.  The KKG group made Donkey and Pork feet with some Ash Bread.  Mmmmm....but also not Mmmmm at some times.  I'm not sure that I'll make Mopane worms a part of my daily meals!

Here are some photos!

 

 


 

Me and My Host Family: Riana (my mom) Italiana (my sister) Riaan (my brother) and Italy (my dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment